If you’re a fan of Chick-Fil-A, you probably want to know how to enjoy leftover sandwiches without losing the deliciousness. Following the right steps to reheat a chick-fil-a sandwich perfectly is the trick.
A Quick Note on Reheating Chick-fil-A Sandwich
After much trial and error, we’ve found the best ways to reheat a Chick-fil-A sandwich without changing its taste, texture, or quality.
Here are the things I tried:
- Reheating in the oven (best results, more time)
- Reheating in the pan (good for crispy buns, take more time)
- Reheating in the microwave (quick and easy, but can make the bun soggy)
- Reheating in the air fryer (crispy bun, but can overcook the chicken)
- Reheating on the grill (charred flavor, may dry out the chicken)
Writer’s Note: I’ve found that the best way to reheat a Chick-fil-A sandwich is in the oven. Put the sandwich on a wire rack and heat the oven to 375°F. Heat it for 7 to 10 minutes. Take the foil off the sandwich for the last 2 minutes if you want the bun to get crispy. Or if you are in a hurry, you can use the microwave, but if you overheat it, the bun will get soggy.
Watch the video below to have a visual experience.
How to Reheat Chick-Fil-A Sandwich (All Methods)
We’ve all been in a situation where we made too many Chick-Fil-A sandwiches and didn’t know how to reheat them up.
But before you do that, remove the cold things like pickles and tomatoes and let the chicken and bun come to room temperature before heating. Here are some easy ways to get it done.
1. How to Reheat Chick-Fil-A Sandwich in the Oven
Even though it’s not the fastest way to reheat a Chick-fil-A sandwich, putting it in the oven will ensure that every part is heated evenly.
- Turn your oven on and set it to 375°F.
- Put the chicken fillet and buns on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure that the tops of the buns are facing up on the baking sheet.
- Toast the bread and chicken for 7 to 9 minutes, turning the fillet over halfway through. Watch the buns closely because they might brown quickly and need to come out of the oven sooner.
- After reheating the chicken and buns to your preference, reassemble the sandwich and put any toppings your like. And enjoy.
- You can heat the sandwich and the buns simultaneously.
- Ensures that all parts of the sandwich are heated evenly.
- The chicken fillet will have a crispy outside.
- It takes longer than other approaches.
- requires heating the oven beforehand, which might be a hassle.
- If baked for too long, the bread may become dry.
2. How to Reheat Chick-Fil-A Sandwich in the Pan?
You can reheat your sandwich on the stove if you don’t have an oven. Simply use a non-stick pan to heat your sandwich to perfection.
- Set a non-stick pan to medium heat to preheat it.
- Put the chicken fillet in the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until it is hot and crispy.
- Put the buns on the pan and heat them on each side for 30–45 seconds or until slightly toasted.
- Once the chicken and buns are hot, combine the sandwich by adding whatever else you want.
- Serve your hot and crispy Chick-Fil-A sandwich immediately, and enjoy it.
- This way makes the reheated buns tasty.
- The butter will help the chicken maintain moisture.
- You have to reheat the bread and chicken separately.
- It may not re-crisp chicken as well as others.
3. How to Reheat Chick-Fil-A Sandwich in the Microwave
When the clock runs out in the kitchen, microwave ovens are useful. They generally work well for reheating, but some areas may remain cold. Avoid letting the buns and chicken come to room temperature before microwaving.
And here’s a pro tip: cook the bun alone in the toaster to prevent hard, chewy buns. All you have to do is reheat it according to our instructions.
- Get the Chick-Fil-A sandwich out of the fridge and set it on a plate that can go in the microwave.
- To take apart the sandwich, take the chicken out of the buns to take apart the sandwich.
- You can reheat the buns in the microwave with the chicken or use the toaster to make them crispier.
- Put the sandwich pieces in the microwave on full power for 30 seconds to warm them up.
- To ensure your sandwich is fully heated, test the center. If not, heat it longer in the microwave.
- Put the chicken back into the buns and add the cold toppings once the sandwich is cooked.
- Does not need any tools.
- Reheating a sandwich in the microwave is the fastest.
- It’s simple and takes minor cleanup.
- The bread and chicken may get mushy or rubbery if not appropriately reheated.
- It may make the sandwich taste and feel different than it did before.
4. How to Reheat Chick-Fil-A Sandwich in an Air Fryer
Using the air fryer to reheat sandwiches has quickly become my favorite way to use it. When done, it will have a wonderful crunch.
- Turn on the air fryer.
- Put your chicken in the basket and reheat the oven. Heat for three to four minutes on one side, then two to three minutes on the other.
- Put your buns in the microwave for 15 seconds while the pot heats.
- Wrap them in a damp paper towel to keep them soft.
- You may assemble the sandwich when the chicken is done and the buns are toasted.
- Reheats several sandwiches at the same time.
- The air fryer is a healthier option because it requires less oil.
- The air fryer will prevent the chicken from drying out while still producing a nice crunch.
- This method requires preheating as well as the use of an air fryer.
- If the bread is not appropriately reheated, it may get dry.
5. How to Reheat Chick-Fil-A Sandwich in a Grill
It is recommended to reheat the Chick-Fil-A sandwich on the grill if one is available and ready to use. The sandwich will heat up rapidly and uniformly on the grill.
- Turn the heat on the grill to medium.
- Take apart the sandwich and throw the chicken on the grill skewers.
- Then cook the chicken for two minutes per side. Be careful not to burn the chicken as it cooks.
- Butter the buns and cook them, buttered side down, while you wait. The buns don’t require a second flip. The buns only need about a minute on the grill to get a good sear and become warm and toasty.
- After reheating the bread and the chicken, assemble the sandwich with your favorite ingredients.
- Grilling the chicken fillet gives it a smokey, charred taste.
- It can be harder to control the temperature on a grill, which could cause the chicken to be too done or not done enough.
Best Way to Reheat Chick-Fil-A Sandwich: Verdict
If you want to reheat a Chick-fil-A sandwich, remember that some ways work better than others. For the best results, it’s best to use an oven or pan, as this can help keep the sandwich’s quality and flavor.
But if you use a microwave, take the sandwich out of the wrapper and take it apart before putting it back together and heating it for 30 seconds. This can help ensure the sandwich heats evenly and doesn’t dry out or get overcooked.
Can You Reheat A Chick-Fil-A Sandwich More than Once?
You can safely reheat your Chick-Fil-A sandwich many times. It’s best to reheat Chick-Fil-A no more than once or twice to maintain its texture, as it may have been reheated numerous times before it reaches you. Only reheat the sandwich to get the most out of it before eating.
How to Store Chick-Fil-A Sandwich?
It’s hard to keep fast food for a long time. If not stored properly, they will lose their original texture and flavor. But the most important thing about not storing food correctly is that it can grow bacteria, making you sick if you eat it.
Here are some tips for storing your favorite Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich.
- After you arrive home, you should immediately separate the moisture ingredients, such as tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, and other similar items. It can make the buns too soggy.
- Before placing them in the fridge, place the ingredients in airtight containers or ziplock bags. Do the same for the buns and fried chicken.
- Cool the sandwich completely before putting it in the fridge. You should not refrigerate hot food.
- Save the Chick-Fil-A sandwich bag for future use. It has a foil lining that helps keep the food warm for longer. After it’s been reheated, it’ll come in handy.
How Long Does a Chick-Fil-A Sandwich Stay in the Fridge?
If you carefully keep your Chick-fil-A sandwich in the fridge, it will stay fresh for three to four days. But remember that after the first day or two, the sandwich can lose some flavor and quality.
It’s always a good idea to reheat the sandwich properly before eating it and follow food safety rules to make sure it’s safe to eat.
Reheating Chick-Fil-A sandwiches is simple if you know how. First, properly store your sandwich in the fridge or freezer after cooking it in the oven, hob, or microwave.
Let it sit at room temperature for a while before reheating it.