If you have ever visited Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, you’ve definitely had their famous stuffed chicken dish. It’s one of their most popular recipes and is truly amazing. That’s why the recipe is a secret one.
Chris Matulich started the steakhouse in New Orleans, later bought by Ruth Fertel, who made it what it is now. It has spread worldwide, even in Japan, China, Singapore, and Canada. So just imagine how delicious and popular their food has to be.
We are lucky to taste the dish ourselves and can gladly say our Ruth’s Chris stuffed chicken recipe is quite spot on. That’s why today, we explain our take on the restaurant’s famous dish.
Stuffed Chicken Breast Ruth’s Chris Similar Recipe
- 2 Large, Boneless, and Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Cream Cheese Packages of 8 oz
- 1 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 3 tbsp Lemon Butter or Standard Butter
- 1 packet Dry Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Garlic, Pepper and Onion Powder according to taste
- Salt to taste
- For color, use paprika
- Preheating the oven is a crucial step. It lets you warm up the cooking appliance to make the cooking faster and more accurate. So, preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit or 230 degrees Celcius.
- While the oven preheats, move on to the stuffings that make the whole dish cohesive.Take a large mixing bowl and add your cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce, two sprigs of thyme, shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, and ranch dressing. Mix the whole thing properly, and make sure you use room-temperature cream cheese. Now, add some salt and pepper to taste and mix it again. Once it is all mixed together, you will get an aromatic smell from the mixture.
- You have two large chicken breasts that you will stuff now. The chicken pieces must be skinless, boneless, and, of course, thick.Carefully cut down the middle of the chicken pieces to make a pocket for the filling. Now, stuff the chicken with as much stuffing as you want, but don’t go overboard, as it may spill out.
- We used a Butcher’s Twine to seal everything up, but you can also use toothpicks if you want. We say that 6 to 7 toothpicks work pretty well to seal the chicken pieces.
- Line a baking pan with a baking sheet and place aluminum foil on it. Now, mix some pepper, salt, paprika, onion, and garlic powder in a bowl. Put the chicken breasts on the foil and sprinkle the spice mix on both sides. The fun part is you get to slap some lemon butter on each chicken piece.
- Now put the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes. The outside will start browning, giving a nice glazy shine, and the internal temperature must reach 165℉ to be fully cooked. Use a digital food thermometer for better measurements.
- Take them out carefully and serve those delicious chicken breasts by themselves or on top of rice or noodles. As we are telling you all this, we have just started craving it!
Related Post: Chili’s Fajita Recipe
Why You Must Try Ruth’s Chris Stuffed Chicken Breasts Dupe
First and foremost, if you had Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse’s original dish, you definitely will be craving it again. But now you don’t need to wait to order it because our recipe tastes exactly like it. Maybe we just cracked their secret, but who knows!
Second, why won’t the dish taste delicious? It is literally stuffed chicken breast with cream cheese and cheddar! Who wouldn’t enjoy such a combination of great flavors?
Last but not least, the chicken remains tender and juicy with a nice brown crisp on top. The ingredients that go into it also complement each other really well, which gives it the perfect flavor profile. It tastes like heaven in every bite.
Moreover, this dish is a people-pleaser, which makes it great for large gatherings or family dinners. It pairs great with roasted or boiled vegetables and rice or noodles. You can also modify the cheese amount if you want some extra cheesy action.
You may also like: Easy Side Dishes Ideas
For all these reasons, we hope we have convinced you to at least try it once. We guarantee that the dish won’t disappoint you. You will feel like it is fresh out of the famous restaurant because we definitely felt like it when we first tasted it.
Ruth’s Chris Copycat Recipes
Many of us only talk about how good their steaks and meat dishes are, but there are many other items on their menus that are just as good as their meat dishes—for example, their Potatoes au Gratin, creamed spinach, and chopped salad.
We love figuring out recipes for secret yet popular food recipes, so we did the same for Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse’s Potatoes au Gratin and creamed spinach. We have briefly explained the recipe here.
Ingredients: You will need chopped spinach, butter, all-purpose flour, salt, heavy cream, freshly ground black pepper, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper.
Preparation: Cook the spinach as instructed in the packaging or with some hot water and a few drops of oil. Drain all the water from it and set it aside. Now, heat up a skillet with butter on it and add flour to it. Stir the flour continuously to cook it a bit, and then add the heavy cream. This mixture is going to be your sauce.
Let the sauce thicken for 2 to 3 minutes on medium-low heat, and don’t forget to stir occasionally to avoid any burnt bits. Now add the black pepper, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, and spinach into the sauce. Stir the mixture for 4 to 5 minutes until everything comes together. All done!
Potatoes au Gratin
Ingredients: The recipe requires potatoes, butter, chopped onions, chopped garlic, cheese of 3 types, chicken stock, and heavy cream.
Preparation: First of all, slice the potatoes eight of an inch in size. Then, get a non-stick pan, heat some butter on it, and add the chopped onions. Sauté the onions until they become translucent, and then add the chopped garlic cloves, or you can also use whole cloves. Fry them on medium-low heat for a minute, and add the chicken stock, heavy cream, and sliced potatoes.
Let everything cook until the potatoes become soft, and then transfer everything into an oven-safe baking dish, preferably a casserole dish. Spread Cheddar, Parmesan, and Provolone cheese on top of it and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese and sauce start bubbling. All done!
You may also like: Grandma Brown’s Baked Beans Recipe
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is chicken kiev stuffed with?
Chicken kiev or chicken Kyiv is always stuffed with garlic butter or garlic and herb compound butter.
2. How can I make stuffed chicken breasts in an air fryer?
The recipe is the same, but instead of aluminum foil, you just have to sprinkle olive oil on the chicken breasts and then spread the spices. You can quickly cook the pieces in the air fryer by keeping gaps between each piece. Don’t forget to preheat and make sure you set the right temperature.
3. What are Greek stuffed chicken breasts?
Just like Ruth’s Chris Stuffed Chicken Breasts dish, the Greek stuffed chicken breasts also taste delicious. They are made with tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese stuffings with breadcrumbs on the top to get a golden brown and crunchy layer.
A Delicious Ending
Food can take you places with its different flavors and aroma. Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse’s stuffed chicken breasts dish has that same power of transporting you to a heavenly world of delicious food. Now that you know the copycat recipe, you will be able to enjoy the same taste and goodness of their food.
Moreover, if you need side dishes, we also covered them by explaining Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse’s other tasty recipes. Try them and let us know how successful you were or if you tweaked something to make it better. We hope you have a delicious day ahead!